Tears streaming down her face, The Wee Miss comes out of her room (where she was sent for pouring a glass of water and what appeared to be half a bottle of body lotion all over my bed). "I'm wunning away.", she said, then turned on her heel and returned to her room.
I went to my bedroom and pulled her Princess suitcase out of the closet. "What's dat?" she asked. "Well, if you're running away, you're going to need to take some things with you. What do you need to bring?"
Her Click Start computer was the first thing packed, followed by her tutu bathing suit, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse blanket, a mushy banana, a book and her sleepy lamb stuffed animal, three pairs of pants and one pajama top.
My heart breaking, I watched her struggle to zip the bag. There was no way it was coming even close. "Where will you go?", I asked. "I'm going to my school." came the reply. Oh. "Where will you sleep?" "Only in da school.", she said. She's got this all figured out. "But the school is closed for the summer, Honey." "You mean I'm too late??! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!"
I pulled her into my lap. "I have an idea. Why don't you stay here with me and Daddy and the Little Lord? If you go, who will I dance with every day? Who will I cuddle with in the middle of the night? Who will laugh at my fart jokes? Who will eat the chicken nuggets I make? Who will be my little girl?" Soft, muffled sobs came from Missy Moo, who was cuddled into my chest. "What do you think? Will you stay?"
The Wee Miss mulled it over for a while. Finally, she answered: "Mommy, can we have pizza for suppertime?"
Holding her close, I told her "My dear, you can have anything your little heart desires."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Edited to add:
This is a picture of Missy Moo's suitcase. Notice how the Littlest Lord is helping? He had his eyes on some My Little Ponies who were in desperate need of a good chewing.
P.S. The Wee Miss dressed herself today. I cannot take responsibility for the summer dress and winter gym pants.
Chris packs his click start computer first everytime, too. But he brings 2x as many pairs of underpants as is feasibly necessary. No tutus.
ReplyDeletetis me...you did not run away. Your big sister did, or wanted to every day.She had a fetish with hospitals and was going to live there. Notice how they both wanted big safe buildings? I ran away when I was 4 and took another kid with me. You handled the situation nicely, child actually saved face by staying so you could have a dance partner, and was keen enough to go for pizza to boot! lol...smart
ReplyDeleteI love your family
ReplyDeleteYou handled it like a rockstar!
ReplyDeleteI love your runaway story
ReplyDelete