We've had a rough week.
Backtalk and tantrums...
potty I'm-not-sure-if-they-were-accidents-or-on-purposes (after being potty trained since the beginning of February. Are you kidding me?)...
The rain has kept us inside for Day #3, now (OK, so Day #1 was sunny and clear, but it was a self-imposed Jammy Day..how was I supposed to know the rest of the week would be crappy?).
So it's been a rough week. Patience has worn thin for everyone. Know what I do to get through crappy weeks? I go back and look at pictures of The Hooligans.
Like this one. See how handsome the Little Lord is? He didn't mean to bite my chest so hard, he left an ugly broken-vessled bruise. He just wants to sit on top of the kitchen table, surrounded by wires from Laptoppy, and messily eat his yogurt. Or his sister's yogurt. You know, depending on whether or not that container was given to him, or he stole it.
And like this one. Surely this little girl didn't mean to tell me, angrily, that "I don't wanna talk to you!", which, to the Little Miss, is the ultimate insult because she wants to talk to eeeeeeeeeeverybody.
Oh. And like this one. See how well they play together? I can tell by looking at this picture that these two children would never fight over blankets being used to make a pretend Pirate ship. Or animals being used as pillows (or Pirate ship crew. Or prisoners. I couldn't tell what their role was, to be honest. Missy Moo is a hard nut to crack. Arrr!), or books or...you know, anything.
Oh, I feel better already. I probably won't need that bottle of wine in the fridge, afterall. But of course I'm going to drink it, anyway.
Tis Me. Lol...wee ones can make formidable opponents. Yup once they are in adversary position, they call the shots and the battle is on. Once they see that your eyes are bulged and your hair is standing on end, game over, they know they are winning. Look how smart they are...lol, already have figured out which buttons to push. Amazing how quickly the little shape shifters can change. Your smart to go back to the pictures. You get to relive one precious moment in time, when you knew these kids were perrrrrrrr fect. Beatles said it best..."no one said there would be days like this". Upload me a glass of wine while you are at it!
ReplyDeleteWe've not had the easiest week either but I have to just think the end of tthe day will come and one day I'll wish the days with them at this age were longer.
ReplyDeleteDon't their sweet faces make the week a little easier? May you have sunshine and smiles next week!
ReplyDelete