Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice

A beautiful Fall day, unseasonably warm.  We took advantage of the first un-rainy day all week to play outside.

Momma's Handsome Little Man.  Love him.

Missy Moo had buckled herself into the Little Man's swing, and had only just started getting herself going when Daddy came home.  OH, the excitement!  Squeals of "Daaaaaaaa!!" and "Daddy! You're home!" and "Hey! How was your day?" and "What's for supper?"!

This ol' fence, she ain't what she used to be.  But she's sturdy and does her job well.  And I love how she looks in black and white.

Over the noise of airplane spins, laughter and "When you go inside, can you [insert mundane task here]?", Missy's little voice could barely be heard: "Can somebody help me get out?"


My beautiful fairy pwincess super hero magic girl.

More chatter and squealing, more "What do you think about this for supper? OH! So-and-so is going on a course overseas!", and a small voice "Yoo hooo! Can somebody get me out of dis fing?"

"Take DAT, you mean monster fing!"

Mr. Man falls down, some whining, some consoling...some "Please? Anybody? I need help!"

"I'm King of the castle and you're the dirty rascal!"

More small talk, catching up on the day, making plans for the weekend...


Playing tag with Sissy.

Missy Moo tries once more - this time, requesting assistance from nearest to her: "Mr. Stick? Can you please help me get out of dis swing?"

I promise this is a hug and not a choke hold. LOVE!

And her high, squeaky voice replies, "I can't help you. I'm just a stick."

1 comment: