The conversation was bound to happen sooner or later. I expected The Wee Miss would be curious at some point in the future, and I expected I would give her an age-appropriate answer (like The Experts told me to do), but making sure that she knew that a baby could have two Mommies or two Daddies or one of each, like her, and that the parents (usually) love each other very much. What I didn't expect was that she would come to me with the answers.
"Mommy, wemember when my baby brudder was borned?", Missy Moo asked. "Yes, I do.", came my reply. I could already feel my armpits heating up and I tried to figure out where she was going with this.
"Me too."
"Oh yeah? What do you remember?" She seriously couldn't remember anything. She was just barely two years old when he was born.
"I wemember that you eated him and he was in your tummy, but he was too big to eat so you didn't eat him."
"Oh! No, I didn't eat him." I'm trying to follow her circular logic. It would be just like her to trap me in a corner admitting to eating some baby or other.
"No. I sawed him and I picked him and I said 'He's name is [insert The Wee Master's name here] and he's my brudder!'"
"You picked your brother, did you?"
"Yeah. Da udder babies were too heavy and light to carry home, but he was just wight, so I picked him."
"Well! That was nice of you!" Aawwww...
"And he cwaled awound like a baby and he got bigger like a big boy like I'm a big girl!"
"Yeah, he's getting bigger, isn't he?"
"Yeah! And he's my brudder because I picked him."
"You picked a good one, Missy Moo." Awww...what a little heart melter she is! Swooon!
"Yeah....I picked my nose, too. Dere were no boogies."
Ha!
.... How long do you think I can let her keep thinking she picked him out of a lineup?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's possible she did. Many cultures claim that there are children who claim to have chosen their parents... brudders should be no different :)
ReplyDeleteI like her creativity though. I used to think babies were vomited.
XOXOX
tis me...of course you ate him...how else would he get all the way in your tummy!
ReplyDeleteHahaha @ "I picked my nose, too"
ReplyDelete