"In a flash". HA! Get it? A little camera humour there...
SO, yes! Let's get December started. I got the inspiration from a few very creative lady-friends of mine: One Christmas-related activity per day of December to help count down to Christmas. The Wee Miss and I discussed some ideas, and I wrote our favourites down every day on our calendar. Unfortunately, I got a random virus that left me pretty sick for five days, so we missed out on some of our fun things.
Let's see...On the first day of Christmas, what did we do?
I promise that imprisoning all the My Little Ponies into a ball was not on our calendar; it was merely a fun coincidence that it happened while doing our December 1st activity.
We're making paper chains to help count down the days! This is an idea I borrowed from the aforementioned Very Creative Ladies. How cute is this?? You can see that The Littlest Lord did not agree.
The Wee Miss is excited to be helping! The Wee Master is distraught.
She glued and I stuck. Like a well-oiled machine, we pumped these rings out.
Modelling the finished product...
The Little Man is suddenly perky...
"Look at the chain!"
And look at the chain. Tsk tsk. Easy peasy to fix, though!
And now for the finishing touch: hang it in front of my messy kitchen. Ta daaah! Nothing says "Christmas Spirit" like dirty dishes.
Not on our calendar, but Missy Moo insisted on sleeping in her "tent": a blanket hung down over the side of her bed.
Also not on our calendar: This is what Thomas & Friends does to my Little Man.
AHA! I don't know why I didn't take pictures, but we decorated cookies on the 3rd. This past Friday (the 10th), we made Santa sleighs. As you can see, Missy Moo was having a little trouble with hers.
But they tasted good!
Since we did the sleighs while The Little Man was napping, I put his together for him.
Awww...an 'L' for Littlest Lord.
Although he doesn't appear overly impressed, he ate his sleigh and his sister's.
We decorated the tree. Both kids love it and keep pulling ornaments and wires off of it. *sigh
The tree at night. Even with the sagging lights, it looks OK. You can hardly see that all the ornaments are bunched around the middle.
Methinks I had better get used to this eye as I'll be seeing a lot of it in the future. *sigh
tis me...ohhhhhhh my! how exciting for them, how smart to keep them active, otherwise they may go nuts! Alas it happened to me. You too I think. lol The sleighs turned out great! The little Lord ate both? that must have gone over like a ton of bricks... I like the "eye" actually, its not quite like the Festus Haggin eye, but its VERY expressive! The little misses, cousin (the oldest one) is having a little problem when parcels arrive. She wishes to claim them all and is a little put out when she is not given them...For the next 4 or 5 years Christmas will be the most beautiful thing, and the most difficult to guide them through in one piece. We all survived,and it was a glorious time to be alive!
ReplyDeleteVery clever, and I like the pics. TY.
ReplyDelete