Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We've Been Busy

The days are longer, the sun is warmer, the bugs are swarmier...despite these things, we've been busy.  Mostly busy hiding in the house during peak mosquito hours and then scratching the bites we got, anyway. Effing effers. 

Little Miss Dee had her ballet recital, three of four grandparents making the seven-hour drive to be there (we missed you, Poppa!). 

Rehearsal! I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. Deville!

The recital required make-up. On my four-year-old! Heavens to Mergatroid! Once I got over the shock, we had fun with it. Miss Dee LOVED it and has gotten into my make-up no less than 15,638,402,731,951 times since.  Since I have no idea how make-up actually works (at 30 years of age, is it too late to learn? But then, Ellen started wearing make-up in her 40s! I've got time, yet), I can't really tell if she's doing a good or bad job.

The longest she's ever gone without talking. True story.

Ready for the stage!

No costume is complete without a little pixie dust.

We were all very excited to see the Country Cuties dance. You can tell The Littlest Lord was on the edge of his seat. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the stage for one minute!

...OK, OK - he slept through the first two dances, but woke just seconds before Missy's class went on stage.

"I can't wait to...Zzzzzz..."

And then he got antsy in the pantsy and had to be removed from the auditorium to burn off energy being cute.

People, in general, dig sweater vests.

Finally, we could collect our little Ballet Star and give her flowers. Brava!

"Flowers?! Can I have more? Can I go to McDonalds and then get stuck in a plastic bubble thing, with my legs dangling down, forcing my mother to abandon her meal and run into the play area in slow motion, climb into the bubble thing, pushing kids out of the way right and left, only to pull me out with a big heave and hear me say 'Dat was SO COOL!'?"

For weeks, all Missy Moo would talk about was going straight to the farm to show the horses her Country Cuties costume. After talking it up for so long, it appears as though the reality fell short of fantasty. Very short.

"These horses seem generally unimpressed with my attire, and that makes me sad."

No matter! Enter soccer season! Balls! Friends! Kicking! What's not to love?!

"All the balls are mine."

Speaking for Mr Man and me, we don't love the mosquitos...but the mosquitos love us! Effing effers.

"Mosquitos suck." Hahaha - he's so witty.

Summer haircut time! This model is sporting a mohawk, which says "I don't take anything seriously, aside from swinging, Chuck & Friends, and Mommy's hugs." Super cute, little man!


Hopefully I'll have a video for you soon...

5 comments:

  1. Heheee! Love it all! Super cute costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the Effers. :(
    Love the costume, sweater vest and pixie dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. day is so cute, day must b mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder those kids are surrods that scream out, "Hug me and you will feel so much better ."

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun is all that?! Super awesome kids. Well done, Mommy and Daddy (theirs, not ours).

    ReplyDelete