Little Miss Dee has a new best friend - a little boy two houses down. As soon as they saw each other outside and their eyes locked, they were instant friends in the way only kids can figure out.
They play amazingly well together, and I always crack up at their 'games'. Today, however, they decided to play Doctor. Cue screaming and hair tearing.
Calm down, calm down - these two weren't interested in looking at each other's bits - oh no. No. They wanted to cut each other open and see what was on the inside. I kid you not. The following is a rough transcript of the events; Dee is the patient and Friend-Boy is the Doctor:
Doctor: What seems to be the trouble?
Dee: *whimpering* I have an empty tummy.
Doctor: You're tummy is EMPTY?! How did that happen??
Dee: *rubbing her tummy* I just didn't have anything to eat or drink for a long, long time.
Doctor: Hm. Well, you're going to need an operation and three days in the hospital.
Dee: OH NO!
*Doctor takes her by the hand and brings her over to a blanket which will act as a makeshift 'operating room'.
Doctor: Stay here. I'll come back tomorrow for the operation.
Dee: HURRY! My tummy is so empty!
Doctor: OK, it's tomorrow. So, Sally. What did you eat for breakfast yesterday?
Dee: Nuffin.
Doctor: And for lunch?
Dee: Nuffin.
Doctor: Anything for supper?
Dee: I didn't have anyfing. Well, I WEALLY had an egg san-wich for bweakfist but for dis game I had nuffing, OK? Let's continue.
Doctor: OK. We're going to have to take out your tummy and give you a new one.
Dee: Will it hurt?
Doctor: Yes. Well, it'll hurt more than if you fell on the sidewalk. Hold still - I'm going in.
~fin~
Cue applause.
ReplyDeleteThat's. Awesome.
Her new friend sounds like certain Dr in Sydney who knew the quickest route to a big time bank roll was via the scalpel & sutures.
ReplyDelete