Thursday, February 10, 2011

This is nice.

I love this time of day.  There's a pumpkin loaf in the oven, coffee next to my hand, and the kids are playing very nicely with a new friend. Early morning sun is streaming in the window...Ack! It's so bright! Why do I always open the curtains before the sun fully rises?! Close them! Close them quick before my eyes burn out of their sockets!

Where were we? Oh yes, pumpkin loaf in the oven, got my coffee and the kids are playing nicely. NICELY. Play ni - ....Little Lord, do you want a time out? Give the car back. We don't take things from others. Share. SHARE. Here, you play with this car over here. Over here. Thank you.

Got my coffee...although it's a bit cold now.  No matter! Got Ashley MacIsaac playing in the background, early morning sun (albeit now blocked by curtains), I have a cat purring at my feet...what's that? Yes, I can get you some more milk.  Anybody else for milk? Yes? No? No? OK. There you go.

Got a cat purring at my feet, now trying to hog the chair I was resting them on. You want some milk? Sure, Buddy. There you go. Anyone need a refill? No? OK.

Make room for my feet, cat. You're so warm...and your claws are so sharp! Ow! Frig off! Shoo! 

Argh. Cold coffee. Every single toy that makes noise is currently making noise, although nobody is crying, so that's a good thing.  Eleven minutes left on the oven, and then I'm throwing them all out in the snow.

6 comments:

  1. Wish I was there to catch them when you fire them out in the snow. Still a child at heart myself I suppose. You can keep the cat though. Pumpkin loaf. YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!! Kids and Grandparents think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I love this post! Such a creative portrayal of how busy even the most calm moments can be. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin loaf? Carrot cake is where it's at. You could bribe them sweet and silent with a little carrot cake.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear little miss writer with the beautiful children, two cats, and wee friends of the wee's...you need to write a book, you are talented, you write form the heart...you also have sisters who are similarly gifted, don't squander your gift. tis me

    ReplyDelete
  5. She & her sisters had great parenting themselves as her parents have the same flare for creativity. I say that from Handsome hubby's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I don't think I've had a cup of coffee that I haven't had to microwave at least twice in ages. :)

    ReplyDelete