The Wee Miss is very big on rhyming games. She takes it very seriously and has developed a very serious Game Show Host personality. She's always the host of the rhyming game.
Missy Moo: What rhymes wiff 'cat'?
Me: Hat!
Missy Moo: Correct! What rhymes wiff 'wall'?
Me: Ball!
Missy Moo: Correct! What rhymes wiff 'evweebody'?
Me: Umm.....heveryshody?
Missy Moo: Um....[insert stern Game Show Host look]..No. You lose.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Missy Moo: Mommy, can you come cuddle wiff me?
Me: Sure! Just for a minute, though. I need to switch the laundry over so you have towels for your bath tonight.
Missy Moo: [after I had us tucked into the couch under her Backyardigans blanket] I'm sad.
Me: Why? What's wrong?
Missy Moo: I miss Nana and Poppy. [big sigh]
Me: Oh. Well, we'll see them in July! Do you remember how far away July is? [counting on my fingers] It's the end of February, so we need to get through March, then April, then May and then June, and then it's July! That's 4 months.
Missy Moo: Yeah! .......[brooding silence]
Me: What? What's wrong?
Missy Moo: Well.....I weally weally miss their breakfast desserts [what my parents call Toaster Streudles]!
Of course I bought some for her, being the sucker that I am.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Missy Moo: [in a high squeaky voice, and patting her tummy] Hi, Missy's mom! Can Missy play Webkinz while her baby bruvver is still eating his yummy bweakfast dessert?
Me: Umm....Who's speaking, please?
Missy Moo: [in normal voice, and with a "you're so stupid" attitude] Dat's my tummy, Mommy.
Me: Oh. Don't be saucy. Umm...Yeah, I guess that would be OK.
Missy Moo: [in a normal voice] Sowee. YAY! [in a squeaky voice] YAY!
As she skipped toward the computer desk, I swear she did it with her belly sticking out like her tummy was the one heading toward the computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tis me...Lol! you are going to find it difficult to ever say no to these two. The little miss has it all figured out and she is very much in control. She will in turn teacher the little lord all her tricks so that he too can function well in an adult world. Everything is as it should be, they are learning in leaps and bounds and you will survive the lot, a transformed and more savey mother. I used to say to my mother all the time..."It's hard, bringing up mother"!
ReplyDeleteI have looked into Missy Moo's eyes. There is a lot more going on behind those pretty blues than a poor Grandfather can cope with. "Tis me", seems to have figured out just how hard and fast her wheels ,gogs & brain circuitry are firing beneath those sweet girl curls though. The little Lord will be all the more clever because he will have tapped her mind and added to his own sparks of brightness. Motherhood is at risk of being marginalized by two tykes that already have mommy , just where they want her. Wink.
ReplyDelete