After a very scary incident with croup Sunday, The Wees have been sleeping in Dee's room, windows open to allow the winter night air in. I've been sleeping in there, too. It's freaking freezing in the winter, but how is it possible that neither kid seems to notice while I'm huddled under 15 pairs of pajamas, a Snuggie and 20 blankets?
Anyhoo, I hear Mr Man calling from the pack'n'play, "Dee, yelp me?", which is Mr Manspeak for "Dee, can you help me?". Getting no reply, he says louder, "DEE, yelp me?!". "DEE, YELP ME??" "DEE! YELP ME! DEE! YELP ME! DEEYELPMEDEEYELPME!"
Dee is an awesome big sister, I must admit. I was completely ignoring him and I'm his mother.
She sat up in bed, said "Yes, I can help you. What do you need help with?" I opened an eye long enough to see that he's unzipped his jammies. Since it was mostly dark in the room, she was having trouble finding out if they were zipped or snaps. After some fumbling around, Mr Man found the zipper and zipped it up. "Oh!", Dee said, surprised, "It's a zipper! It must have been camouflaged." (Yes, this is really how my five year old speaks. Words like 'camouflage' in everyday conversation.) "Now, lay down and go to sleep."
"Oday, Dee." Mr Man lays down.
But Mr Man is up for the day. He gets back up. Jumps up and down in his pack'n'play. "Boy, go to sleep, please." I'm such a good Mommy for letting my oldest parent my youngest. She's doing a great job. "Oday, Dee."
Up again, crazy monkey noises. "Lay down. Now. You're weally starting to annoy me." No, that wasn't me, either.
"'Orry, Dee."
More rustling and general noisiness coming from Mr Man's side of the room. "Are you having trouble breaving? Just lay on your back. It makes it easier to breave."
"Oh! Oday, Dee!"
"Is that better? All the boogies go down your froat when you lay on your back. Mommy told me to lay on my back and I can breave much better now. Can you breave better?"
"Yes! Danks, Dee."
More rustling and general noisiness coming from Mr Man's side of the room. "Are you having trouble breaving? Just lay on your back. It makes it easier to breave."
"Oh! Oday, Dee!"
"Is that better? All the boogies go down your froat when you lay on your back. Mommy told me to lay on my back and I can breave much better now. Can you breave better?"
"Yes! Danks, Dee."
Ten more minutes of noises, and we're all (surprisingly happily) up for the day. Although if they could have this conversation at 8 am tomorrow, that'd be great.
yup reason # 687 why Titi owns Dee, lol. Has to be comical and proud moments combined.
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to be close enough to hug all three of you but alas my arms are way to short. Dee & her munchkin brother are an awesome team where they swim in a pool of love for each other. That seems to be the path they have chosen to follow & it warms our hearts that you understand that sometimes it is best to let them sort out things while you observe the rewarding results.
ReplyDeletelol
ReplyDelete