Happy 142nd Birthday to the greatest country in the world! Well, second greatest if you're going by land mass.
I love Canada. I love Canada Day. It snuck up on me this year, so I didn't have anything ready for us. No shirts, no red and white food, no balloons in the house, no cake. But I don't think Canada noticed, since we still showed up to the party.
Parades make me cry. The music. The flags. The colours. The pride.
| Having a cuddle with Daddy waiting for the parade to start. |
The pipes and drums don't help, either. I'm really not sure what it is about bagpipes, snare drums and kilts...but they get me every damn time.
| Mr Man sitting pretty in the wagon. |
Then, later, the fireworks. The ooohs and aaaahs of hundreds of people, and then the standing ovation, whistles and cheers for the show our little town puts on, even though those responsible can't see it. I'm a blubbery mess all day.
| Settling into our spot for the fireworks. |
| Dee and me. |
| A rare photo of Momma and her cubs. Well, one that isn't set with a self-timer, anyway. |
On the Canada Day firework display...
"Da fireworks are a celebration for everyone being a good person."
Well said, Dee. Love her.
| Facepainting! Mr Man opted out. |
Canada Day also heralds the midway for our little town. Dee is LOVING that she's big enough to go on rides, let alone rides by herself. She's keeping a running list of the rides she's going to go on when she's about a foot taller, though.
For now, it's the Bear Affair:
| She's in there. Look closely. See? |
| Mr Man takes his job as driver seriously. Two hands on the wheel, ten and two. |
| Dee, however, is happy to enjoy the scenery. |
And, my four year old did this:
...follow the red shirt. She LOVED it.
Count your Blessings and fall in love with them Momma. Your love for Canada & its place in your cubs lives will be an added bonus to their existence. I love this country to & I love its Creator as much as the rewards we have been given for just living here. I also thank you and my son for signing up to protect it with your career as a Mom & your hubby's career wearing Canada's Uniform. That uniform has meant so much to people around the world who want to live with the freedom & Liberty of Canadians. Love the pictures . You sure are a handsome lot. Can hardly wait to give you all the Thor bear-hug, each and everyone.
ReplyDeleteJust loved all the pics! I would still be up chucking if I had gotten on that ride, Dee has a fine sense of adventure...and balance
ReplyDelete