Tuesday, July 20, 2010

She sings like a canary!

To beat try and beat the heat, I took the hooligans to the mall for a Strawberry Julius ("smoovie") and to play at the (air conditioned!) play space.

Missy Moo dominated the structure, both in personality and in voice.  A few tidbits that were overheard...

"No! No! Das not wight! My mommy says you slide down da slide and den you walk up da stairs!  You're doing it wong!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Do you want to play on da slide wiff me?  We're going to have an animal adventure!  If you get scared, go see my Mommy...She'll make it better and you can have a sip of my smoovie.  But don't weally have a dwink. IT'S MY STWABERRY SMOOVIE!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"My mommy says I have to wear socks to play because da floors are yucky.  But you gots bare feets!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"My mommy says I'm not allowed to help you up to the upstairs because you're too little.  Stay down dere, little girl!  Here I help you. [catching my eye] No, my mommy says I can't help you.  Goodbye!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[hearing a little boy's frustrated cry, and seeing Missy run down from the second level] "I'm being a good fwend, Mommy!"

4 comments:

  1. She's as bossy as I was (am). Good luck with that. HA! I can't wait til the Little Lord can answer back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant child...one of 4. Have been catching up on my reading,still think you should do some writing and get it published, you could, you have a knack for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a confession Megan. Her stubborn streak is much like mine was when I was a wee one. I used to hold my breath till I would faint if I was trying to win an argument with my 5 foot tall mother or my 6 foot 4 inch, father. Does that sound familiar?? There is hope though as you know me to be such an easy going guy these days. Not to worry, I had my fingers crossed along with my toes when I offered that tale about being so easy going today. I never caught fire although I did smell some smoke. Wink.


    One day when my dad was trying to teach me some table manners as a wee youngin. I nailed him between the two eyes with a tea biscuit. I made a special note after that episode to not be in a corner when fighting a losing battle with a 6'4" dad. You might have heard the expression "I will tan your hide!!" That day my dad used it in the PAST tense. "I have tanned your hide, now lets see you sit there and throw another biscuit." There was no way in God's Little Green Acers that I was reaching into that bowl to play that game out again.

    ReplyDelete